Who we areA unique team of consultants offering authentic expertise and unparalleled global reach.
Dr Mike Bickerdike, BSc, PhD
Dr Mike Bickerdike is an expert in translating discovery research into commercially viable programmes. An experienced pharmaceutical research manager, his expertise spans more then 20 years in the industry and includes an extensive background in the research and development of novel drugs. Dr Bickerdike obtained his BSc and PhD degrees in pharmacology in the UK, before undertaking academic research at the Aidekman Neuroscience Research Center in the USA.
Dr Bickerdike founded BioTarget Consulting in 2014, a New Zealand based consultancy specialising in biotechnology and pharmaceutical research, development and commercialisation. As a preclincial consultant he has successfully assisted numerous clients progress, out-license, spin-out and partner several R&D programs. He is currently CSO of one such spin-out company, Kea Theraputics Ltd. In addition to providing R&D management and value lift, Dr Bickerdike has experience in the commercial assessment of pharmaceutical and biotechnology innovations; in addition to his work with Life Science New Zealand and BioTarget Consulting, is a member, and past Chairman, of the ‘Return on Science’ Biotech and Pharma Investment Committee.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Assessment of Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Innovations
- Advice on Developmental Strategies
- Discovery Research Project Management
- Manuscript & Grant Application
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Advice: IND Submissions, ICH Requirements, CMC & Safety Documentation
- Preclinical Development Planning & Execution
- Preclinical Safety & Toxicology Advice & Management
- Requirements to Support Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials